The FinderFox widget
FinderFox is a simple, unobtrusive widget that you can insert into your websites.
It is similar to the "Lookup Word" button on NYTimes.com, but has more features!
* Your readers will be able to tweet a quote with a single click.
* Your readers will be able to look up unfamiliar terms quicker.
* You will engage your visitors better by increasing the usability of your site-specific search.
* Your website will stand out and look cooler!
* Because FinderFox loads asynchronously it should not negatively impact your page's load time.
* Results open in a new window so your visitors will not redirected away from your site.
FinderFox adds a "search bubble" that pops-up when your visitor selects/highlights a part of the text on your website. You can customize the search bubble to include your own site-specific search engine. FinderFox is also available as a Firefox extension.
Standards compliant browsers
(Firefox, Chrome, Safari, IE8)
Simply insert the above code before the </body> tag of your page.
Alternatively, you can use the buttons and instructions below. If you insert the code directly FinderFox will never take up any space on your page.
1) Go to the "Widgets" page in your site admin
2) Add a new "Text" widget
3) Paste in the code above. You can enter "FinderFox" as the title or leave it blank.
Need help or have questions/suggestions? Email email@example.com and I will try to answer it within a day.
By using FinderFox you agree to our Terms and Conditions.
Note that we are likely to change the functionality of FinderFox as we add features to make it even better.